Tree ordering for 2018 is now closed.
Due to the tremendous response to Community Roots, we exhausted our allotment of free trees for both spring and fall planting next year and are no longer taking orders for 2018. Thanks to everyone for your interest in this program.
We will announce details early next year for ordering trees for 2019.
- Trees are available on a first come, first serve basis based on stock availability.
- Only orders sent through the Community Roots website will be accepted. Do not mail order forms.
- Only one order per customer/organization per year will be accepted.
- Individual private businesses/property owners/homeowners are not eligible to order trees at this time.
- 4th Grade students and their classrooms are eligible to receive trees.
- Only organizations within the PPL Service Territory are eligible to order trees.
- Customers should provide their own personnel to assist with the unloading of trees at the time of delivery.
- A Community Roots representative from PPL will contact you to schedule a delivery date, time and location. Delivery times will typically be Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
- PPL retains the option to substitute tree species for similar, in-kind species depending on the availability of stock at the time of ordering.
- Tree orders will contain the tree seedlings and original packaging from the nursery. Tree protectors, tree tubes, tree stakes and other planting accessories are not provided.
- PPL is not responsible for the health or survival of the tree seedlings after delivery.
- Call 811 before planting your seedlings. 811 Process for Homeowners